My name is Mike Tivey and I've been a qualified (BACP) counsellor for over 10 years. I offer quality, affordable and confidential counselling and support services in a variety of areas including schools, youth services to adult based settings. The majority of my work takes place in Local Authority Children's Centres based in Wolverhapton and surrounding areas, where I deliver 1-2-1 counselling and parenting sessions. I also deliver walk and talk counselling, telephone counselling and online counselling via Skype.
I strongly believe counselling support people to be happy, positive and able to make a new start. I appreciate that making the initial contact with a therapist can be a daunting experience, so please look through my website and if you feel that I might be able to help you, please call me. All enquiries will be answered and treated with confidentiality. No matter your background or beliefs I have the skills, compassion experience to help.
Can counselling help me?
Counselling uses listening and talking based techniques to deal with a range of issues problems and concerns around change. In contrast to many medical approaches, the therapies offered, do not involve medication or other physical interventions and may be concerned not only with mental well being but with spiritual, philosophical, social and other aspects of living. Counselling sessions are private and confidential so enabling you to talk through your worries and problems in a safe non-judgemental environment.
What benefit will counselling give me?
• Counselling aims to help you deal with and overcome issues that are causing emotional pain or making you feel uncomfortable
• You are in control and go at your own pace
• Over time you will start to feel empowered
• Your self esteem will improve
• You will be more decisive and able to make positive choices
• You will understand yourself and your own feelings better
• You will have better self-awareness of competences and strengths
• You will feel able to find explanations for problems
• You will be able to find solutions to issues
Areas of Counselling I Specialise in:
Training and Qualification
Mike Tivey (Registered Member MBACP)
BACP's register of counsellors and psychotherapists is accredited by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care.
All counselling is confidential and covered by the Data Protection Act and in accordance with the BACP ethical framework.